Early Literacy/Early Childhood Coordinatormthomas@gsviking.org
Little Vikes Preschool
September 9 8:30-9:00
October 14 8:30-9:30
November 11 8:30-9:30
December 9 8:30-9:30
January 13 8:30-9:30
February 10 8:30-9:30
March 10 8:30-9:30
April 14 8:30-9:30
May 12 8:30-9:30
Meet at GS Elementary Room# 4
Little Vikes Family Nights
September 21 5:15-6:00
October 19 5:15-6:00
November 16 5:15-6:00
December 14 5:15-6:00
January 18 5:15-6:00
February 15 5:15-6:00
March 15 5:15-6:00
April 19 5:15-6:00
May 17 5:15-6:00
Registration packets are available at the Guernsey Early Childhood Development Center or at the Guernsey-Sunrise Elementary School office. For questions, email Misty Thomas at email@example.com
Little Viking Learners
Parents: Guernsey-Sunrise has been awarded a grant to create opportunities to increase literacy in our school and community. A portion of that grant is dedicated for children birth through 5 years to increase literacy and Kindergarten readiness.
- Provide birth-5 year old children with academic and social learning experiences to increase literacy and Kindergarten readiness.
- Provide learning opportunities for parents to increase their toolbox of learning strategies for their children at home.
- Provide Discovery Backpacks as a fun and interactive way for families to share literacy and learning experiences at home through reading, writing, vocabulary, math, art, educational learning tools and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) activities to increase literacy and Kindergarten readiness.
- Little Vikes ages 3-5 years can participate in a preschool hour at Guernsey-Sunrise School on the second Friday of each month from 8:30-9:30 am. Parents are asked to stay and participate with their child during the preschool hour. Activities will include teacher read-alouds along with activity centers involving the alphabet, vocabulary, math, art, fine motor skills, movement, STEM, etc. Parents and children will be given free resources when attending. See additional sheet for exact dates.
- Little Vikes ages 3-5 years can learn at home with Discovery Backpacks through a rotating check out system. Each backpack will include fiction/nonfiction books, educational toys/tools and academic activities. The backpack will have informational sheets to help parents guide their child’s learning.
- Parents of Little Vikes ages birth-5 years old can participate in learning opportunities once a month to give parents more strategies at home to help their child prepare for Kindergarten. Parents are asked to stay and participate with their child during this time. Parents will be given free resources when attending. Little Vikes Family Nights will be on the third Wednesday of each month 5:15-6:00. See additional sheet for exact dates.
Looking forward to working with you and your child.
Early Literacy/Early Childhood Coordinator