Thank you for your support while we deliver your children quicker and safer!
Bus Rules and Regulations
- The school bus is an extension of the classroom and rules apply. Orderly conduct must be observed to maintain safe driving conditions.
- The right of students to ride a bus is based upon the continued observance of the rules and regulations. The conduct of the students should be such that the driver’s attention is not diverted from his primary duty of safely transporting students.
- The driver is in full charge of the bus and students. Students must obey the driver promptly and with respect.
- The driver has the right to assign seats to any student. The student must remain assigned to that seat until the bus driver changes it.
- Students must be at their assigned bus stop five minutes before the bus arrival time. After school, the bus cannot wait for those who are tardy for any unnecessary reason.
- Students must load on the right-hand side of the road (according to the direction in which the bus is traveling). Students must never walk behind the bus and must walk at least ten feet in front of the bus and only when the driver says it is safe to do so.
- When leaving the bus, the students must follow any special directive received from the bus driver.
- Students shall sit in their seats as soon as they get on the bus. STUDENTS MUST REMAIN SEATED AT ALL TIMES.
- Students must not extend hands, arms or their heads out of the bus windows, nor may any trash be thrown out of the bus windows.
- Students must keep the bus aisle clear. Books, bags, feet, etc. cannot be in the aisle while the bus is moving.
- Students shall not be allowed to get off/on buses except at their assigned stop or at the school grounds without the written consent of the student’s parent/guardian, teacher or principal. Buses are also not authorized to make stops to load or unload children outside of their designated route stops.
- Any damage to the bus must be reported to the bus driver immediately.
- Damage to the seats or other equipment shall be paid for by the student responsible for the damage.
- Help keep the buses clean and orderly. Students will not throw or shoot any article in the bus at any time. Food and drink carried on the bus shall be in proper containers and not consumed on the bus without permission. Glass containers will not be allowed on the bus unless properly enclosed.
- Students suspended from bus riding privileges may not ride any route bus.
- All passengers must be silent while the bus is stopped for railroad crossings and remain so while the bus is crossing the tracks.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- The possession or use of tobacco and alcohol is prohibited.
- Students riding in any school bus or multi-passenger vehicle that is equipped with factory installed lap belts shall wear a properly secured lap belt at all times the vehicle is in motion.
20. No live animals/pets of any type will be permitted on the bus.
Rural Isolation Policy
Parents/Guardians may be eligible for reimbursement for mileage for transportation of their child (ren) to the school closest to their home. The total round trip miles shall be multiplied by the applicable mileage rate prescribed under W.S. 91-3-103 to compute the daily mileage reimbursement amount. Payments to parents or guardians for transporting students to and from school shall be computed excluding the first two miles traveled each way. No payments shall be paid to a parent or guardian for transportation of students unless the pupil resides in an isolated location as specified under subsection (b) of this section within the Statute.