Please click the link below to download the scholarships that are available for Guernsey-Sunrise students. At the bottom of the spreadsheet is a listing of Wyoming and nearby colleges with their websites. Be sure to check into these websites, as each college also offers many scholarships for students planning to attend their school!
Guernsey-Sunrise Guidance and Counseling Department Goals
- To help students understand themselves as learners and encourage them to develop skills that will enable them to reach their academic potential.
- To utilize a variety of measures to assess student academic performance.
- To identify factors that impact learning and determine a course of action to provide appropriate support.
- To help students choose and advance in a program that will enable them to reach their future academic and career goals, as well as assisting them with scholarship and post secondary opportunities and information.
- To provide students with the opportunity to assess personal interests and aptitudes in relation to career interest.
- To help students discover the world of work through various career resources and exposure to a broad spectrum of careers.
1. To assist students to develop positive interpersonal relationship skills involving respect for diversity and cultural competence.
2. To assist students to be aware of one’s beliefs and interests and to develop a positive self-image.
3. To assist students in developing resiliency and effective coping skills.
4. To assist students to develop appropriate problem-solving and decision making skills to resolve conflicts and to accept responsibility for their choices.
School counselors work toward these goals for students through classroom based or large group sessions and small support groups for students. Counselors may also work individually with students to assist them in solving problems and coping with situations that may be affecting school performance. Counselors may also meet with students with special needs to provide services related to individualized student goals.
If you have suggestions for what you would find helpful on the counselor’s web page, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.